When I was little, I didn’t dream about wedding dresses or who would be my bridesmaids. I didn’t have a prince charming in mind. I honestly never thought about marriage until my best friend from high school got married in 2010. All of these feelings came rushing in, happiness for my bestie and sadness because I may be alone forever. The latter statement gave me a scare. Was I going to be a lonely lady who never married, never got the opportunity to become a Mrs. and change my name.
These last couple of years I have seen more of my friends walk the aisle and sting of being alone forever has begun to dull. I have realized that I will be okay, single or married. I am not knocking my circumstances, one way or the other. I have realized my friends still want to be my friend, even though they are married and have a family and I am single as the day I was born. I’ve decided to be patient and enjoy life in the meantime. I’ve finally realized that one day, I want to be married. I’m not going to rush. I am going to take the time to find out what makes me tick. What do I want in a husband? What are my goals as a wife?
A few summers ago, my friends and I created a list of traits that we would like for our future husbands to possess. We then said a prayer and burned the list. I can’t remember all of my future husband’s qualities so I decided to complete a new list.
- He has to have hands that make mine seem slender or at least the same size (I have my daddy’s hands.)
- He has to have a sense or humor and have to love my sense of humor.
- he has to a Christian and be an active church goer; believes and trusts in God.
- supportive of my dreams and dreams for our family.
- Loving spirit
- Loves me, flaws and all
- Relates to my family;family oriented
- Loves my cooking
- Open to effective communication
- A Go Getter Spirit
- A good Dresser or won’t mind me helping him with his wardrobe
- Financially literate
- Considers me his equal
- Get along with my friends
- Being healthy is important
What about you? What are some traits that are important for your future mate?
Until Next Time,